April 28, 2011

Guest Designers for Delightful Challenges

This week, The Beary Scrap is sponsoring Delightful Challenges Challenge Blog which is hosted by Digital Delights by Louby Lou.  This week's theme is DISTRESS.  Right up my ally!  I am very honored to be a guest designing spot with them this week!  I had so much fun getting inked up, cutting paper, and pulling out the coloring pallet.  Boy, did it feel like forever since I got to create something from start to finish, but I challenged myself to do it.  What can I say, I work better under pressure.  Not only did I get to play, so did my DT Sister Patricia, and my 4 year old Lindsay.

Here is the card I created using Princess Shona from Digital Delights by Louby Lou.

For my card, I decided to dive into some "older" papers and bring them back to life.  My paper is from My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy 2 collection.  I love these papers.  They never get old for me.  I distressed all of the edges and inked them up with walnut stain distress ink by Tim Holtz.  I was really excited to have found  my sewing machine in the covered trailer we were using to store the old shop's displays.  I love sewing on my paper projects so I couldn't wait to thread her back up again.  

I used a piece of corrugated cardboard to add dimension and interest to my card.  It has been distressed with some antique linen acrylic paint and distress ink.  I actually tore it out of the inside of the cardboard piece... do this very carfully if you don't have any corrugated board on hand.  I sprayed my cardboard with water, let it soak a bit and then gently pulled the pieces away. 

The larger flower is Prima and the small roses can be found here in our store.  The lace is from my stash and has been tea dyed to tone it from it's original bright white.  I used a 4" doily (from my stash) and inked that up too.  The pearl swirl was laid out by hand using pearls from KaiserCraft that can be found here.  Princess Shona was colored with Copics.  I'll get a list together of the colors I used.

And now for our Junior Guest Designer.  If you know my youngest daughter Lindsay, you know she IS a Princess....


I say no more - LOL.  When she saw what Mommy was coloring up, she jumped right in and colored one up too.  Here's a looksie...


Lindsay picked out a layout from a few of my older cards.  She choose her papers herself from the same paper collection.  She used Just Dreamy 2 from My Mind's Eye too.  I helped her cut her papers and mat them.  She used my Big Shot and cut her scalloped circle with a Spellbinder's die.  She loves that machine.  She used ribbon from my stash and dressed her card up with some KaiserCraft Pearls, Prima Flowers, and some Mulberry Paper Roses from the store.  

Not too bad for a 4 year old.  She makes more cards than I do, so I may end up turning this blog over to her creations instead of my own - LOL.  Of course Abby and Doug get in on the crafty time and colored up a few images themselves.  They still have some finishing touches to put on their cards before I can post them for you.

Lindsay and I would like to thank Wendy and the Ladies at Delightful Challenges for having us play along with them this week.  I was a blast.  We hope to play along again with you!  Be sure to check out Wendy's illustrations at Digital Delights.


Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love. :)