August 2, 2014

Nautical Rope Bracelets

I think I have rekindled my love for jewelry making!  Last summer, the kids and I made tons of survival bracelets out of paracord.  This summer has been all about "beachy" wear.  Partly because we didn't plan a trip to the beach and we are missing it greatly!  We've been using a lot of hemp lately.  We thought we'd give something new a try.  Welcome Macrame to my life!

My first attempt at a Turk's knot bracelet turned out a bit small, but was a perfect fit for Miss Lindsay.  These remind me of the beach in every way.  She was so thrilled!  If you would like to learn how to make one of your own, I used this easy to follow tutorial HERE.


I decided to keep playing with the rope.  I broke out the jewelry making tools and supplies and made a square knot bracelet.  Not too bad, right?


I was enjoying my rope way too much!  Uh-oh.  Here comes an Infinity Knot Bracelet. I think that is what this knot is called.  Either way, this one is my favorite.


I'm now obsessed!  I had to make another one!!  I'm not even sure what this is called, but I simply looped the two sides together.  Those crimping ends and I don't get along very well.


As the day progressed, out came the paracord!  We started mixing and matching colors, trying different knots, end caps, connectors, etc.  It's been a lot of fun.  I found a few more interesting knots to try out this week.  I may even pull the hemp twine back out and see what more we can make with it.

Until next time.


1 comment:

  1. These look amazing Kimm. Another on my to make list one day. I love how yours turned out, awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love. :)