October 24, 2013

Halloween Nail Art Take 1...

By no means am I a professional at painting nails. But... I do love to play with mine.  Having 2 girls sure does help out in that process.  My youngest is my "princess" and my oldest is a bit of a "Tom Boy".  They both come up with some pretty cute ideas.

Our nails are neglected almost all summer long.  I have a very fair complexion and pastel colors do NOT look good on me when it comes to lipstick or nail polish so I just avoid it.  The girls, on the other hand,  love to do stuff with theirs all year round.  They have done minions, rainbows, flowers, dots, etc.  Trust me, I have the nail polish stains on their bedroom carpet to prove that.  LOL.  When they get together with their friends, it's a nail polish extraviganza.  According to all of them, it's even more fun because I don't by cheap nail polish.  Everything is OPI, Essie, or China Glaze.  My theory, nail polish should last more than one day before it chips, cracks or peels!  I'll spend the money on it because I will have it for a few years.  Except for black, white and reds... I may have to by them annually.

Now that fall is officially here (30 some degrees in the morning now) it's time to break out those bold colors!  At the request of my youngest, she wanted a "halloween" theme to her nails.  I'll be honest, I was supposed to do her nails on Monday night and it didn't happen.  She had a soccer game.  Then on Tuesday, she took a nap after school.  By the time she woke up, had dinner, took her shower and did homework it was too late.  But Wednesday night, we had some time after our trip to Justice for her new Beanie Boo (story about that later).

Lindsay requested pumpkins.  I suggested a switch up with the ring finger to add some interest.  That seems to be "IN" currently.  Here is what we came up with.  I used OPI base, OPI In My Back Pocket (orange) and Essie green (I can't read the label of) and an OPI top coat.  I used a Sally Hanson's Nail Art Pen.  I'm not 100% in love with it.  I love how well it writes, but it sure does not like a top coat.  I smeared a bit... well, quite a bit well after the nails were dry.  DO NOT use that pen to write on your bare nails either!  It doesn't come off.  I think it may be half sharpie marker!


For my nails, I started with the OPI base again.  I used OPI Black Onyx, OPI Alpine Snow, that Essie green that I can't read the label of.  I skipped the Sally Hanson's Nail Art Pen and used a detail brush and fine dotting tool on Frankenstein.  It was not as easy as the art pen, but the results were better after the top coat.  These will look much better after a shower so I can loosen up the extra polish I got on my cuticles.  

 
As for Abby, she doesn't know what she want's to do yet.  Of course she is thinking about her own costume and what kind of design will work well with it.  Um... we have a week until Halloween.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to redo her nails and Lindsay's before then.  Probably not mine.  I'm hoping for blood shot eyeballs or skulls!!!  

We will see what she decides.  I don't think she's going to have a choice in this.  LOL

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love. :)