May 22, 2013

Getting back to the swing of things....

is not as easy as it sounds.  It looks good on paper, especially when I write it down in my day planner, but...  it's not so simple.  It feels as though I run in the same circles day in and day out.  Similar to the movie "Ground Hog's Day".


Not that life isn't interesting and fulfilling.  IT IS!!!  I'm choosing it to be!  Remember that little addition to our family???


She's my handful!  But, she is the one that makes me STOP and enjoy the moment.  Yes, my kids make me do that too, but with Pepper, it is different.  She makes us ALL stop.    She has brought so much more to our lives than I could ever put into words.  I post about her on FB so much that my friends tell me she needs her own FB fan page.  LOL.  She already has her own Instagram hash tag.  You'll find pictures from me and my kids if you search #peppertheboxer on Instagram.

I've seen a HUGE difference in my kids since Pepper came into our lives.  Less electronics, more engaging, more activities outdoors, and MORE family time, even when it's working with Pepper and training.  Believe me, she needs to be "worked".  She's high energy.  And she's the best thing to happen to our family... and she saved me!  I'll explain that more down the road.

If we don't engage her enough during the day... she WILL TP our house.  LOL!!!



I am always, and I mean AL-WAYS taking pictures.  I don't have a fancy camera and I mostly take pics with my cell phone because that is the one thing I have with me at all time.  I have all these great pictures and memories yet I do nothing with them.  Yes, I want to document our lives and have those memories, but I never find the time to do it.  I actually MISS scrapbooking... and HATE it at the same time.  In the 10 years I've been in the scrapbooking business (for others and retail) I have yet to complete ONE album, ONE smash book, ONE daybook, ONE journal.  I've taught countless classes, done dozens of scrapbooks for others, and yet.... I have NOT ONE book complete for any of my children.  Not one book complete for our family.  I guess that is the price you pay when your hobby turns business.  Live and learn.  I have.

Last October I thought I might give a go at Project Life.  The goal was to start January 1st.  Guess what happened?  EPIC FAIL!  Here we are at the end of May and I have yet to start!  I have sketches and a few plans, and Lord knows a heaping wad of pictures that need to be printed out.  LOL.  So, the plan.... start PL like... ASAP!!!  I'm not going to attempt to go back in time and start from the first of the year.  I'm going to attempt last week.  If things go well, I will work on the week before and keep moving backwards when the "last" week hasn't hit yet.  Of course, I still don't have a work area since my "shop" is still consuming our office.  That is in the process of changing.  All in in due time.

Other than that, I have so many other fun and exciting thing going on that I will share with you soon.  Wish me luck on this Project Life journey!  I think I'm going to LOVE it if it is as simple as it looks.  If I can only remind myself to not make it complicated. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Love the tales of Miss Pepper. And even more because they are happening to someone else. LoL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love. :)